Sync3 Consumer Terms and Conditions
Our Sync3 Consumer Guarantee is provided to all consumers at no additional cost when they purchase a brand new iPhone, iPad, or Mac from us – extending the guarantee period for their new device, over and above the manufacturers warranty.
The words or expressions detailed below have the following meaning wherever they appear:
Guarantee Period – 24 months from the expiry of the manufacturer’s warranty period.
Location – The property situated in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man
Mechanical / Electrical Failure – The sudden failure or breakdown of the equipment which results in the stoppage of its normal functions
We, Us, Our – GBM Digital Technologies Ltd of 16-18 Midland Street, Ardwick, Manchester, M12 6LB trading as Sync
You are the customer and you represent that you have entered into the contract for purchasing goods as a consumer, and not in the course of business. Sync3 is for consumers only, and only covers qualifying devices purchased by an end user for personal use. Sync3 does not apply to re/sync products.
WHAT IS COVERED?
We will cover the equipment (iPhone, iPad or Mac) against mechanical / electrical failure including the cost of parts and labour subject to the terms and conditions stated below during the Guarantee Period.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
- If the manufacturer’s / repairer’s seal is broken or the device serial number cannot be provided then all benefits under the guarantee will cease.
- Repairs not authorised by us or not undertaken by our appointed engineer. Should you take any goods purchased from us to a 3rd party and have them attempt to diagnose or repair a fault on the computer, you may VOID all warranties on the order.
- Return to base charges where the fault relates to a software or programme error. This cover does not include the cost of shipping, logistics or packaging.
- Unauthorised modifications to the equipment.
- Consumable or auxiliary items e.g. discs, leads, printers, batteries / battery packs or any accessories, peripherals or external hardware supplied with the equipment.
- Accidental, malicious or intentional damage to the equipment.
- Failure to comply with the manufacturer’s instructions for the care of the equipment.
- Faults relating to the installation of the equipment, or software.
- Corrupted or conflicting software installed or as a result of a computer virus.
- Claims relating to maladjustment, incorrect configuration or setting of manual controls or programming.
- Damage caused by foreign objects or substances.
- Faults reported under the manufacturer’s warranty period or which relates to a manufacturing fault or recall.
- Claims arising from the interruption, surge or complete failure of the power supply however caused.
- Inadequate ventilation of the equipment.
- Any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party (e.g. not using a surge protector), use otherwise than as recommended by us or the manufacturer (e.g. in an unventilated / hot or dusty environment), failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out without the manufacturer’s approval.
- Consequential loss of any type.
- Loss of data or information.
- Software of any kind, including software failure. Once your device has been diagnosed, we will report any issues to you. If a fault is found, but is not covered by your warranty (see ‘WHAT IS NOT COVERED’), or where no fault is found, we will issue you with a standard-rate charge of £50 exc. VAT, to cover handling, logistics, and the service checks carried out during the system diagnosis.
If you install components that are not purchased from us we will in no way support you in installing them or with any problems you have relating to the components you have installed.
To obtain cover under the guarantee it is vital we are contacted by telephone on 0330 159 5900, or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the time of reporting a fault please make sure you have:
- The make, model and serial number of the equipment
- The nature of the fault
- Access to the equipment to allow diagnosis of the fault
- Proof of purchase
We will make all reasonable attempts to provide the provision of service except where it is precluded by:
- Adverse weather conditions
- Industrial disputes (official or not)
- Failure of the public transport system (including the road network) and repair thereto
- Other circumstances preventing access to your location or otherwise making provision of cover impractical
We shall be entitled to: Decline cover if, in our opinion, the location or services have not been maintained in a safe or serviceable condition. Decide on the most appropriate means of providing cover, although we will take your wishes into account whenever possible.
If you request any additional work to be undertaken you will be responsible for the additional costs. We shall not be responsible for any inconvenience, loss or damage caused by delay in the supply of spare parts or components by the manufacturer or their suppliers or agents. In the event that the parts for the equipment are no longer available, or the equipment is beyond economical repair, we will provide a replacement product based on a model of the same or similar specification. This guarantee is governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and under the jurisdiction of English Courts.
All benefits under this guarantee will be lost if a claim under this guarantee is made that is false or dishonest in any way. Where the equipment is deemed to be beyond economical repair and is replaced under the terms of the guarantee all benefits under the guarantee will cease. In the event that there is another warranty in force covering the Registered Equipment then we shall only pay our rateable proportion of any claim under this agreement. All repairs provided are under the terms of our Repair Terms and Conditions.
The Guarantee Period does not renew with any replacement, refurbished or repaired product received.
Our aim is at all times to provide a first class standard of service. However, if you feel that this has not been achieved regarding this Guarantee please contact: email@example.com
Your legal rights are not affected by this Guarantee.
Sync3 Terms and Conditions | Version: 1.1 | Last Updated: 25.11.22