- These Terms and Conditions apply to all goods and services provided by Sync (“Sync”) via it’s Service Centre, and override any terms and conditions referred to by the Customer whether in negotiations or otherwise. In these Terms & Conditions “the Goods” means the goods and/or services the subject of the Contract between Sync and the Customer and “the Customer” means the person firm or company purchasing the Goods. Each delivery of Goods shall be deemed to be a separate contract to which these Terms and Conditions shall apply.
- No stipulation, representation or warranty made or attempted to be made at any time by either party to the Contract or by any person on behalf of such party shall vary, modify or counteract these Terms and Conditions. No variation in the Terms and Conditions shall be valid unless made in writing under the hand of a Director of Sync. In the event that any part or parts of these conditions are held to be invalid such invalidity shall not alter the validity of any other part or parts of the same and each Clause and each sub-clause shall be capable of independent existence.
Repair and replacement services
- Sync will repair/service the Customer’s Apple products in the agreed manner for the quotation provided, unless other such charges are agreed with you verbally, or in writing. Sync will provide repair or replacement services to address defects with the Customer’s Apple product, inline with Apple’s repair terms and conditions.
- Data stored on our Customer’s Apple Products is not the responsibility of Sync. As a result, Sync cannot be held responsible for any data loss/corruption that occurs during service. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that data has been backed up before entering their device for service.
- Where Apple instruct Sync to provide you with a replacement Apple Product or component, Sync is obligated to return the original Apple Product or component to Apple in order to obtain the replacement item. The return of the original Apple Product/component is carried out via courier. Sync do not data cleanse products/components before returning them to Apple for processing. It is therefore the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that any personal or sensitive data has been removed from the Apple Product before entering the product for service. Sync cannot be held responsible for any data loss/corruption that occurs during service.
- Where a product is entered in to service, which includes visual modifications made to the product, such as stickers, transfers, etching, engraving, or other customisations, these will not be present on any replacement product/component. Sync will not be responsible for any loss of modification or customisation to the Customer’s product.
Data transfer services
- Sync offers data transfer services for the full Mac range of Apple Products. In order to provide data transfer services, the Customer will need to provide Sync with a copy of the original data, as well as a destination device, which will house the data after transfer. Both the original and destination devices must be capable of storing data. During service, it is possible that data may be lost or become corrupted. In such an event, Sync will not be responsible for any loss of Data.
- Sync will not copy any of the Customer’s data from their Apple Product on to any Company owned device, and do not store or retain a copy of the data provided for transfer.
- In order to process the Customer’s repair, Sync will share the Customer’s details with Apple, via their ‘Global Service Exchange’ online repair database. These details are name, address, email address, and phone number, as well as details about the Customer’s Apple product, and details of the repair required.
- Sync will retain the Customer’s details for 6+1 years. These details are: name, address, email address, phone number, details about the Customer’s Apple product, as well as details of the repair required.
- The Customer is responsible for ensuring that their data is backed up prior to entering their product in to service. Sync is not responsible for any loss, corruption, or recovery of data.
- Sync will contact the Customer once the repair is complete, to arrange the collection/return of the product. If the Customer fails to collect the product within seven (7) days of notification of completion, the Customer will be notified that their product will be sent to Sync, 16-18 Midland Street, Ardwick, Manchester, M12 6LB for storage, this will become the new collection point for repair. At ninety (90) days Sync will notify the Customer that the product has been considered abandoned. Sync may then dispose of the product, in accordance with the law, or, resell the product to recover the costs of service.
- In Warranty Repairs: If your repair is covered under warranty then there will be no diagnostic charge. If, when processing your device, we discover that the item issue is not covered under warranty, in that: no fault is found, the fault is caused solely by software, or if the device has been damaged (and therefore not in warranty), you agree to pay our standard non-warranty diagnostic charge of £12 for iOS or £40 for Mac to cover the work completed to that point. Non-Warranty Repairs: If your repair is not covered under warranty the prices for diagnostics are £12 for an iOS device and £40 for a Mac. If you choose to go ahead with the repair, the diagnostic fee will not be charged, you will only pay for the repair. Once our technicians have performed the diagnostic, they will be able to provide an accurate quote for the work and then you can decide if you wish to proceed.
Quotations and prices
- Any quotation by Sync shall be open for acceptance for 7 days, and, if not accepted within this period, shall be deemed to be withdrawn.
- VAT shall be paid by the Customer at the rate prevailing at the date of invoice.
Payment and additional charges
- Payments shall be made at Sync’s business address. Payment of a diagnostic fee (where applicable) is due before diagnostics are carried out. Additional charges for works may be agreed verbally or in writing before work has been carried out. Payment for additional works are due at point of collection of the Customer’s repair.
- In the event of Sync incurring additional expense not provided for in any quotation as a result of the occurrence of any of the following, such additional expense shall be added to the price:
(a) Variation and/or alteration of instructions and/or details and/or failure by the Customer or its representative to provide the same
(b) Overtime costs incurred if the delivery date does not permit sufficient time for the work to be completed during normal working hours
Cancellation and refunds
- Once a Customer provides Sync with an order to proceed with a repair, either verbally or in writing, Sync will begin processing the repair. The order will therefore become non-cancellable and non-refundable from the point of Customer acceptance.
- Sync may provide an estimated date for the completion of a repair. Time for completion is stated as accurately as possible but is not guaranteed and is subject to extension to cover delays caused by events beyond Sync’s control. In no case shall time be the essence of the Contract.
- Contracts and deliveries may be suspended in the event of any strike, lock-out, trade dispute, fire, tempest, breakdown, accident, riot, theft, crime, civil disturbance, war, force majeure or other occurrence preventing or retarding the processing or delivery of the Goods and no responsibility shall attach to Sync for any delay, default, loss or damage due to any of these causes or for any damage in transit or at the works of Sync or to any other cause beyond the control of Sync whether in respect of contracts or deliveries or the safe custody of articles deposited with Sync.
- All parts and labour provided are covered against defects in materials and workmanship for 90-days from date of service (excluding batteries).
- Batteries installed as part of Apple’s battery replacement service for Apple portable Mac computers are covered against defects in materials and workmanship for 12-months from date of installation.
Laws of the jurisdiction
- The Contract shall be governed by English Law and the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Any complaint must be made within seven days of receipt of the Customer completed repair, beyond which period no claim can be entertained.
- Where at the request of the Customer we are asked to forward either by Postal, Rail or Courier Freightage, products of this Company, an appropriate charge will be rendered for this service. Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken to ensure accuracy of despatch, no claims will be accepted by Sync. in the event of damage to or non-delivery of goods by whichever means of Freighting have been used, and after they have left these premises.