Family Sharing is such a useful feature on Apple products – especially if you and your family members all own them. If you want to share the photo album from the latest family holiday, or maybe you want to play a game with family members on your favourite app.
Thanks to this amazing feature on Apple products all of these tasks are extremely simple to do. This blog will explain how to set up Family Sharing with some very simple steps:
How to set up Family Sharing
Before we begin, ensure you have an Apple ID and you are over 18 – this can be proved through payment method.
- Go to Settings and then iCloud and select Set Up Family Sharing
- Select Get Started follow this by selecting that you will be the Family Organiser (this will allow you to be the manager of the group, inviting/removing people etc.)
- You will be promoted with instructions, follow them and enter your payment details.
That’s it! You now have a group ready to invite family members – but it’s quite lonely being in there by yourself at the moment isn’t it? No problem we will show you how to invite people now.
Invite people to your Family Sharing
- Go to Settings and then iCloud as previously but this time select Add Family Member
- You will need the email address of the person you would like to invite.
- If you would like to invite children under the age of 13, the account must be accepted by verified parental consent.
4. If you are unsure if everyone has accepted their invite go to Settings then iCloud and select Family this will show the status of everyone.
Joining a group
- If you are not the Family Organiser then you will have to join the group
- Go to Settings then iCloud and elect Invitations (you may also receive an email regarding the invitation)
- Accept the invite