As part of this service we will:
- Collect your devices at no cost
- Check an anti-theft database, to ensure ownership of the device
- [Business Only] Provide you with a certificate of data destruction
- [Business Only] Provide you with a certificate of device destruction or re-purposing
- Return devices to you, should you wish not to proceed
Inline with this process, we ask that you provide us with details and assurances as follows:
Accurate description of condition
We ask that you provide an accurate description of all device conditions against our grading criteria. All devices returned are subject to thorough checks, and as such, if your returned devices are found not to match the description provided, then either
- A subsequent price may be offered for that device
- The device may be returned to you at no cost
Where a subsequent offer is made, you will have 10-days to accept or reject the new offer. Where no response has been provided within this time frame, we reserve the right to proceed with the buyback process at the amended price.
Preparing your device for collection
Before devices are collected, we ask that you take the following steps:
- Cleanse all sensitive or confidential data
- Remove security services such as ‘Find my iPhone’
- Ensure that peripherals are removed; sim cards, SD cards
For more information on our trade in programme, please see T&Cs.
Terms and conditions
1. Collection of devices
- You will make sure the Mobile Devices are available for collection by us or by our sub-contractor at the collection location on the agreed date. Collection of Mobile Devices will be completed on the completion of collection of the Mobile Devices by us or by our sub-contractor at the collection location to Our reasonable satisfaction.
- You will make sure the Mobile Devices are properly packed and secured in such manner as to adequately protect against damage in transit. Full Mobile Device packaging instructions can be found on the provided where required. 1.3 We will not be required to return any packaging material to You or an End User unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- No signature obtained from us or our sub-contractors at the time of the collection will be any evidence as to the quantity, quality or condition of the Mobile Devices, notwithstanding any statement on any receipt or similar document so signed to the contrary. 1.5 If You fail to make sure the Mobile Devices are available for collection in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, We may at Our sole discretion (without prejudice to any of Our other rights or remedies) require You to remit to us a reasonable sum, which will be to cover a proportion of the costs incurred by Us in relation to the failed collection of the Mobile Devices.
2. Inspection, validation, and testing of mobile devices
- You agree that we, or our sub-contractor may inspect, validate and/or test the Mobile Devices at any time on or after collection or delivery, to determine whether or not to accept Your Trade-In Offer and/or determine if there is an personal data on the Mobile Devices.
- We may accept or reject Your Trade-In offer at our sole discretion. We will notify You in writing as soon as reasonably practicable following the Tech Data Assessment, whether We have decided:
– 2.1 to accept Your Trade-In Offer;
– 2.2 not to accept Your Trade-In Offer; or
– 2.3 to propose a “new” price (“Updated Trade-In Price”) that We are willing to pay for all or part of the Mobile Devices, based on our or our sub-contractor’s, opinion of the compliance of the Mobile Devices with Your Trade-In Offer and these Terms and Conditions (“Updated Trade-In Offer”).
3. Acceptance of your trade-in offer
- Where in our opinion, the Mobile Devices collected by or delivered to us or our sub-contractor match Your Trade-In Offer, We may accept Your Trade-In Offer by issuing written acceptance of Your Trade-In Offer, at which point and on which date the contract between You and Us for the sale of the Mobile Devices in accordance with Your Trade-In Offer and these Terms and Conditions will come into existence.
- The terms and conditions of the Trade-In Contract that comes into existence pursuant to Condition 8.1 above will apply to your Trade-In Offer to the exclusion of any other terms that you seek to impose or incorporate, or which are, or may be implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing, unless otherwise required by Law.
4. Rejection of your trade-in offer
- Where in Our opinion, the Mobile Devices collected by us or our sub-contractor do not match Your Buy-Back Offer, we may reject your Buy-Back Offer by issuing written rejection of the Your Buy-Back Offer, at which point We will either:
– 1.1 subject to Condition 6 (Waste Electrical Equipment), return the rejected Mobile Devices to you at the Collection Location as soon as reasonably practicable, at our cost; and/or
– 1.2 propose our Updated Trade-In Offer.
5. Updated trade-in offer
- Where we submit an Updated Trade-In Offer, our Updated Trade-In Offer constitutes an offer by us to purchase the relevant Mobile Devices on and subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Our Updated Trade-In Offer will be deemed to be accepted by you on the earlier of:
– 2.1 You issuing written acceptance (including via email exchange) of Our Updated Trade-In Offer; or
– 2.2 any act by You consistent with acceptance of Our Updated Trade-In Offer; or
– 2.3 the expiry of the ten (10) days from the date we submit Our Updated Trade-In Offer to You, at which point and on which date the contract between You and Us for the supply of the Mobile Devices in accordance with Our Updated Trade-In Offer and these Terms and Conditions will come into existence (“Trade-In Contract”)
- The terms and conditions of the Trade-In Contract that comes into existence pursuant to Condition 10.2 above apply to our Updated Trade-In Offer to the exclusion of any other terms that you seek to impose or incorporate, or which are, or may be implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing, unless otherwise required by Law.
- If you reject our Updated Trade-In Offer by issuing to Us written rejection of our Updated Trade-In Offer, us or our sub-contractor will, subject to Condition 11 (Waste Electrical Equipment), return the rejected Mobile Devices to You at the Collection Location as soon as reasonably practicable, at Our cost.
6. Waste electric equipment
- If any Mobile Device Collected by or Delivered to us or our sub-contractor are determined to be waste electrical equipment, We may at our sole discretion (and subject to any relevant regulatory controls, including the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2013/3113), choose to return the relevant Mobile Device to You (if permitted by relevant regulatory controls) or destroy the Mobile Device with an accredited recycler. Where we choose to destroy the relevant Mobile Device with an accredited recycler, We reserve the right to levy any costs incurred in the destruction.
7. Mobile device condition
- Each Mobile Device Collected by or delivered to us or our sub-contractor should match the make and model in Your Trade-In Offer or our Updated Trade-In Offer and should meet our requirements for Mobile Devices.
8. Lost and stolen mobile devices
- We support and adhere to the ‘Stop Stolen Mobiles Being Recycled’ code of practice set by the Home Office and the National Mobile Phone Crime Unit.
- We will check the IMEI code of all Mobile Devices Collected by or Delivered to Us or Our Sub-Contractor on the CheckMEND database (www.checkmend.com) of lost and stolen property records.
Quarantined Mobile Devices
- Where a Mobile Device Collected by or Delivered to us or our sub-contractor is found to have a record that indicates it has been lost or stolen or we become aware of any other issue relating to its ownership (“Quarantined Mobile Device”), We will:
– 1.1 notify you by email and outline the process that you need to follow; and
– 1.2 quarantine the Mobile Device for an initial period of twenty eight (28) days (“Quarantine Period”).
- We will not pay the Price for any Quarantined Mobile Device Collected by or Delivered to us or our sub-contractor until the CheckMEND record does not show the Quarantined Mobile Device as lost or stolen.
- You will be responsible for contacting CheckMEND to prove that You are the owner of any Quarantined Mobile Device Collected by or Delivered to us or our sub-contractor and having any lost or stolen records associated with that Quarantined Mobile Device cleared within the Quarantine Period and/or any other issue relating to its ownership resolved.
- If You feel the information held by CheckMEND is incorrect please email CheckMEND at email@example.com or call them on 08200 112 850 with all the details including the IMEl number and they will assist You.
- If during the Quarantine Period the Mobile Device is:
– 4.1 cleared on the CheckMEND database, any blocks removed and any other issue relating to ownership resolved, the Price of the Mobile Device sale will be processed and paid for within fourteen (14) days or the date We are notified that the Mobile Device has been cleared, all blocks removed and all other issues relating to ownership resolved; or
– 4.2 not cleared on the CheckMEND database and/or any blocks are not removed within the Quarantine Period, We will be required by Law to hold onto the Quarantined Mobile Device, pass it to the Police or other law enforcement body or dispose of it, and by submitting your Trade-In Offer to us and/or accepting our Updated Trade-In Offer, You expressly agree to this action. You will not receive any payment or any other compensation if such steps are taken.
- We cannot and will not under any circumstances return or pay for a Quarantined Mobile Device, other than in accordance with Condition 4.2.1 above.
- Without prejudice to any of Our other rights and remedies, if You have received payment from Us for a Mobile Device and We subsequently become aware of an issue relating to ownership of that Mobile Device, You agree to immediately reimburse us in full, within fourteen (14) days following a written request by us, for any such payment pending an investigation by us or any law enforcement body into ownership of the Mobile Device.
- If we at any time become aware of any issues relating to the ownership of a Mobile Device, you agree to co-operate with us fully with a view to resolving the issues. You may also be contacted by the Police and/or other law enforcement authorities.