How to: Connect AirPods to laptop. Whether you’re sitting in on a video conference, or listening to your favourite album for the six hundredth time, AirPods deliver effortless, all-day audio at home or on the go. In this quick ‘How To’, we will show you how to connect your AirPods to your Windows or Mac laptop!
How to connect AirPods to MacBook Pro or MacBook Air
Firstly, you need to check that your laptop is up to date. If you’re using AirPods (2nd generation), you must have macOS Mojave 10.14.4 or later. Whilst the latest AirPods Pro require macOS Catalina 10.15.1 or later. To find out what version of macOS you’re running, simple click on the Apple logo in the top-left hand corner of your Mac, and choose ‘About this Mac’.
Apple have made the connection incredibly easy; if your AirPods have previously been set up with your iPhone which is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID, your AirPods might be ready to use. Simply place your AirPods in your ears and click either the Bluetooth menu or the volume control in the menu bar on your Mac. Then select the AirPods.
If you don’t see the AirPods in the Bluetooth or volume control menu, follow these simple steps:
1. On your Mac, choose System Preferences from the Apple menu, then click Bluetooth
2. Make sure the Bluetooth is on.
3. Put both AirPods in the charging case and open the lid.
4. Put both AirPods in the charging case and open the lid.
5. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until the status light flashes white.
6. Select your AirPods in the device list, the click Connect.
How to connect AirPods to your Windows laptop
If you want to connect your AirPods as a bluetooth headset with a non-Apple laptop – be aware you can’t use Siri, but you can listen and talk. To set up your AirPods follow these steps:
1. On your non-Apple device, go to the settings for Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is on. If you have an Android device, go to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth
2. With your AirPods in the charging case, open the lid
3. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until you see the status light flash white.
4. When your AirPods appear in the list of Bluetooth devices, select them.
You are all ready to do your tasks on your MacBook or laptop!